Functionality - Safety - Aesthetics
To prepare and outfit a classical boat like ANIMA, especially regarding functionality, safety AND aesthetics one has to agree to some necessary compromise. To meet those requirements is also a certain challenge in planning and realizing the continuos changes, improvements and adapations in many aeras of nautical equipment.
|Examples for the KISS-Principle on ANIMA:
1. Footpumps for fresh- and seawater, no electrical pumps
2. Motor-powered by a since decades well proven engine from the automobile technology
3. Fuel tank indicator is a simple transparent tube.
4. Manual, rugged anchor windlass
5. Wherever possible electrical gear without electronics (e.g. two alternators for two circuits)
|All this leads to a lack of comfort and luxury in many respects. Nevertheless, ANIMA can be referred to as a thoroughly snug and safe ship with her own typical and unique nature!|